Responsibilities of the Street Division
The Street Division is located at the Municipal Service Building (MSB), or City garage, at 2301 Hill Avenue, and supervises the work and projects of:
- Street Maintenance- Street and alley blacktopping and maintenance, pavement sweeping, snow removal, annual (spring) cleanup, and fall leaf pickup.
- Buildings & Grounds- Repair/maintenance of the MSB and stationary equipment and City-owned bus shelters and small projects planning and construction.
- Central Equipment Agency- Responsible for the repair and maintenance of all Public Works and City equipment including fleet vehicles.
- Traffic Signals & Signs- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of traffic signals and signage throughout the City, pavement marking, construction traffic control, and barricading for City projects.
- Solid Waste (trash) collection
Please note that we have reached our maximum alley petitions for 2020 paving. All petitions received from this point on will be reviewed for the 2021 paving season.
- Alley Blacktopping Brochure This brochure explains the procedure to have your alley paved.
- Alley Blacktopping Policy (if your alley is scheduled to be paved, click on the "Construction Projects" tab to the left to see maps, costs, etc.)
- 2021 Petition to Blacktop Alley (deadline is June 30, 2020)
- Winter Road Maintenance Policy
- Brochure on Wisconsin ATV Snow Removal Laws
To report a pothole using our online form, click the link below:
REPORT A POTHOLE