US 2/US 53, East 2nd Street Resurfacing Project
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT), in coordination with the City of Superior, is proposing resurfacing on East 2nd Street. The project would be split into two separate construction seasons; 2020 and 2021.
The areas scheduled for 2020 sidewalk will be listed below once determined. If you are a homeowner in these areas, you will be receiving a letter further detailing the work and other important information about the project.
|SIDEWALK REPLACEMENT/SPOT REPAIRS/PEDESTRIAN RAMPS|
Once work begins in your area, crews will be setting up forms, and pouring the new sidewalks. Once poured, the concrete needs to cure and harden for one week. During this curing process it is important that the concrete not be driven on or heavily used. This is especially important if you have a sidewalk crossing your driveway access.Your cooperation and patience with us as we work is very much appreciated. If you have questions regarding this matter, please contact the Engineering Department at: 715-395-7300.
Milling & Paving List
Asphalt milling and paving is anticipated to begin in early June. Intended completion for this work is November. Areas to be milled/paved will be listed here when available.
Mill & Asphalt Overlay:
2020 Alley Paving
A maximum of eight (8) alley blacktopping requests, received prior to June 30, will be accepted each year on a first-come, first-served basis. Requests over that number will be processed for the following year.1. 9th & 10th Avenues East; between East 7th & East 8th Streets
2. 23rd & 24th Avenues East; between East 7th & East 8th Streets
3. Catlin & Cypress Avenues; between North 21st & North 22nd Streets
4. 9th & 10th Avenues East; between East 3rd & East 4th Streets
5. 8th & 9th Avenues East; between East 4th & East 5th Streets
6. North 26th & North 27th Streets; between Oakes & Banks Avenues (North/South Alley)
7. Ohio & Iowa Avenues; North 21st & North 22nd Streets (North/South & East/West alleys)
8. 8th & 9th Avenues East; between East 8th & East 9th Streets