Disc Golf Course
Disc Golf in Superior
The six-hole disc golf course is located in Central Park, 717 - 6th Avenue East. View a map of the course.
This course is the result of a combined effort between Douglas County UW-Extension AmeriCorps*VISTA and a Community Youth Project Group.
About the Course
Surveys given in 2009 showed that area parents, youth, and people who work with youth, have a high interest in providing more outdoor recreation and youth-oriented activities in order to improve youth health and well-being. With these community-based concerns in mind, the Douglas County UW-Extension Office invited local youth and adults to get involved in a Community Youth Project Group to help plan the course with the following mission and vision.
To create a disc golf course within Superior to provide residents, especially youth, a place where they can come together for recreational activity and to promote healthy lifestyle choices.
A disc golf course will result in:
- The forming of friendships, reinforcing intergenerational relationships, and strengthening family bonds
- Increasing opportunities for outdoor recreation as an alternative to electronic entertainment
- Encouraging physical exercise and healthy use of leisure time
Rules & Etiquette
- Wait until the basket is clear of other players before teeing off
- The player whose disc lies farthest from the basket throws first
- Allow smaller groups behind you to play through
- Least number of throws wins
- Respect private property surround the park
- Place garbage in the provided receptacles
- Observe City street parking regulations
- Yield to all other park patrons
Click here for more information about disc golf.