Disc Golf Course
Superior Municipal Forest Course under construction
An 9 hole disc golf course is currently being constructed by a disc golf group in the Superior Municipal Forest (in the area of the former archery range). A public input session was held on Thursday, May 16th, 2019 at the Superior Public Library. Check out the MAP of the proposed course. The group would like to eventually plan for an 18 hole course.
Central Park Disc Golf Course
A six-hole disc golf course is located in Central Park, 717 - 6th Avenue East. View a map of the course.
This course is the result of a combined effort between Douglas County UW-Extension AmeriCorps*VISTA and a Community Youth Project Group.
About the Course
Surveys given in 2009 showed that area parents, youth, and people who work with youth, have a high interest in providing more outdoor recreation and youth-oriented activities in order to improve youth health and well-being. With these community-based concerns in mind, the Douglas County UW-Extension Office invited local youth and adults to get involved in a Community Youth Project Group to help plan the course with the following mission and vision.
To create a disc golf course within Superior to provide residents, especially youth, a place where they can come together for recreational activity and to promote healthy lifestyle choices.
A disc golf course will result in:
- The forming of friendships, reinforcing intergenerational relationships, and strengthening family bonds
- Increasing opportunities for outdoor recreation as an alternative to electronic entertainment
- Encouraging physical exercise and healthy use of leisure time
Rules & Etiquette
- Wait until the basket is clear of other players before teeing off
- The player whose disc lies farthest from the basket throws first
- Allow smaller groups behind you to play through
- Least number of throws wins
- Respect private property surround the park
- Place garbage in the provided receptacles
- Observe City street parking regulations
- Yield to all other park patrons
Click here for more information about disc golf.