The 3rd week in September is National Pollution Prevention Week.
Here are 10 ways to reduce pollution:
1. Conserve energy
2. Properly disposal of materials. Check our www.ci.superior.wi.us/disposalguide
3. Use more earth-friendly products.
4. Pick up pet waste
5. Keep your car maintained from leaks.
6. Wash your car at a commercial car wash - not on your driveway where soap goes down the stormsewer.
7. Plant a native plant rain garden - slows stormwater.
8. Use a rain barrel.
9. Use less salt in the winter on your driveway and sidewalk.
10. Learn about wastewater treatment and what not to flush.
If you have a suggestion on how to reduce pollution please share it with us and we'll put it on our blog.