Small Business Grant Program
GRANT PROGRAM HAS ALLOCATED ALL FUNDS FOR THE 2021 PROGRAM YEAR.
The City of Superior has established a Small Business Grant Program (SBGP) for qualifying local business owners and entrepreneurs within the City of Superior. The City will provide a grant based on a sliding scale of 25-50% of the total eligible project costs. Funding is capped at $25,000 per grant and the business owner is required to contribute a minimum of 10% equity towards the project. The grant is offered on a first come first served basis until the allotted funding for that year is depleted. Each grant application is subject to approval from the SBGP Design Committee and final approval from the Common Council. Previous recipients of a Small Business grant must wait three-years from the date of grant disbursement before they are eligible to apply again.
- Must have a commercial storefront or “brick & mortar” location
- Non-profits directly related to money generating food service or retail organizations
- Non-profit arts & entertainment organizations
Eligible uses include, but are not limited to:
- Façade treatments
- Building Improvements
- Energy Efficiency Improvements
- Selected Commercial Kitchen Equipment (minimum value of $1,500 or more per appliance)
- Furnishings (booths, tables, chairs, etc.)
- Other uses considered on a case-by-case basis
Property acquisition as an eligible use of grant funds
- Applicant must prove that property purchase would not be feasible without the assistance of this City grant
- Grant must be applied for and approved prior to closing
- Grant funds can only be used to purchase property and may not be used on property improvements
- Grantee would be eligible to apply for another small business grant one year after the closing date
Please contact the Planning Department for an initial consultation prior to submitting an application.
Jason Serck - Planning, Economic Development & Port Director